Murray Logan Construction became the newest member of the Vecellio Group in the last quarter of 2021. The heavy and marine construction company was founded in 1968 by Murray D. Logan, and is currently building a pump station in western Palm Beach County.
Vecellio & Grogan (V&G) ramped up after the winter slow down with continued work on the Rockingham Bypass project in North Carolina. Fourteen concrete girders were added to three bridge locations integral to the project. They also worked with the Virginia Dept. of Transportation and the Virginia State Police to change traffic patterns overnight onto a new bridge on I-81.
V&G will begin a new bridge construction project in Ft. Pierce, Florida expected to start in late 2022 or early 2023. The SR-A1A Bridge will be constructed over the Intracoastal Waterway replacing the existing two-lane structure.
Also featured in this issue of VanGuard, the Vecellio Group’s award-winning newsmagazine, are an overview of projects around the Group. This includes Ranger Construction’s activities in Florida, along with the latest on our Safety Programs and more.
Click the cover image or links below for articles and photos about the companies, divisions and dedicated workforce of the Vecellio Group. Operations include Vecellio & Grogan and its Sharpe Bros. and Hal Jones Contractor divisions, Murray Logan Construction, Ranger Construction, and White Rock Quarries. The Group also includes Vecenergy, its energy division (South Florida Materials Corp., South Florida Petroleum Services, and Vecenergy’s petroleum products terminals in Florida, Georgia and Alabama).
- Rising Costs Must Never Lead to Cutting Corners (A Word From Leo A. Vecellio, Jr.)
- Hal Jones Provides Quick Emergency Bridge Repair
- Jacksonville Beach Pier & Times Union Projects Nearly Complete
- Progress Continues on Vecenergy Port Everglades Projects
- Ranger Restoring Wetlands to Ensure Wildlife Survival
- Ranger Completes Road Realignment Project
- Vecellio & Grogan Ramps Up in the Second Quarter
- Sharpe Crews Take to the Streets After Winter Season
- Vecellio Group Celebrates Safety on “Go Orange Day”
- Supervisor Safety Awards Recognize Crew Leadership
- White Rock Quarries Continues as Top Producer
- Vecellio & Grogan Managers Meeting Sets the Stage for 2022
- Retirements, In Memoriam, New Hires, Promotions
- South Florida Operations Earn Safety Awards